Bonnie J. Lewis, Allied ASID, Associate IIDA, CAPs is the founder of 55+ TLC Interior Design. Her experience as an interior designer and her highly-specialized skills in designing for the current and future needs of older adults has resulted in residential and commercial interior environments that inspire, while promoting independence and longevity and improving quality of life for Boomers and seniors.
Bonnie has managed, consulted and designed for an array of projects, including common spaces and apartment remodels for assisted and independent senior living communities, medical practice renovations, and individual home and bathroom remodels that support aging-in-place, to new construction design.
Whether planning a commercial space or remodeling a home, Bonnie Lewis helps by creating an attractive, safe, accessible space, while working to solve design problems and provide the most up-to-date and attractive solutions within budget. Clients have found it most beneficial to involve Bonnie from the start as she has prevented costly mistakes.
With numerous national and regional award-winning design projects, Bonnie boldly crushes the notion that aging-in-place and universal design need be drab or institutional-looking. Without compromising safety and durability, her design solutions offer the best of senior living, aging-in-place and universal design with aesthetically pleasing designs that appeal to all generations.
In 2013, Bonnie established 55+ TLC Interior Design with a passion to make life better by design. By focusing on where Boomers and seniors live, the businesses they patronize, and the places they work, volunteer and play, the firm is dedicated to creating safer public spaces and private residences to prevent costly accidents and support quality of life and longevity.
Bonnie Lewis works with homeowners, senior living and retirement communities, senior centers, homebuilders and architects, medical and healthcare practices, retail stores, and the travel and tourism industry to create more inclusive environments that help support America’s growing Boomer and senior population.
Bonnie graduated with an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Interior Design from Scottsdale Community College. She is also a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) through the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). Prior to earning her interior design degree and CAPS certification, Bonnie earned a Bachelor’s Degree from DePaul University in Marketing and worked for an international, award-winning commercial senior living interior design firm and in corporate marketing management for Fortune 100 companies, including a software division of Rockwell Automation and a fluid technology division of ITT Industries.
Bonnie’s professionalism, outstanding, well-honed project management, budget management, team management skills and corporate savvy benefit her clients.
Giving back to the design community is something Bonnie enjoys. She has been invited and has served as a judge for numerous design competitions, including:
- ASID California Orange County Design Awards 2016
- ASID California Central / Nevada Chapter, 2016 ANDYZ Awards
- ASID Texas, Dallas Design Ovation Awards 2016
- Dallas Association of Home Builders’ Remodelers and Custom Builder (ARC), 2014 Annual Awards Competition
- ASID Colorado, 2014 Crystal Awards Competition
- ASID Illinois Chapter, 2014 Design Excellence Awards Competition
- ASID Texas, Austin Design Community Design Excellence 2014
- ASID Palm Springs/Inland Chapter, 2013 Design Excellence Competition
- Dallas Association of Home Builders’ Remodelers and Custom Builder (ARC), 2013 Annual Awards Competition
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), Allied Member
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA), Associate Member
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist
- The Center For Health Design, Professional Member
- Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments (SAGE), Member
- Professional Association of Senior Referral Specialists (PASRS), Affiliate Member
- National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), Member
- Arizona Fall Prevention Coalition, Member
- North Valley Coalition on Aging, Member