Bonnie J. Lewis, Allied ASID, Assoc. IIDA, CAPS, is the principal and founder of 55+ TLC Interior Design, LLC. She is a degreed, highly-specialized senior living interior designer and NAHB Certified Aging in Place Specialist. Bonnie is passionate about improving physical environments to support psychological, emotional and physical wellness to help people enjoy their “second chapter in life.” She also skillfully designs Alzheimer’s and dementia supportive living environments.
Bonnie’s passion comes from her struggle to get her dad in the best possible living environment. Since 2013, Bonnie has designed award-winning commercial and residential Senior Living, Aging in Place and Universal Design spaces that are beautiful, functional and reliable for Boomers and Seniors to live longer, more productive lives. Her distinctive portfolio of work has claimed twenty national and regional awards in the past five years.
She boldly crushes the notion that living environments for Boomers and Seniors need be drab or institutional-looking to be safe and functional. Her design solutions offer the best of senior living, aging in place and universal design with aesthetics that appeal to all generations.
Complementing her God-given talent, her highly-specialized design skills and experience, and innate ability to work well with Boomers, Seniors, and their families, Bonnie has an extensive business background as a former marketing communications manager for several Fortune 100 companies. Clients also benefit from Bonnie’s integrity, professionalism, business savvy, and excellent project, budget and team management skills.
Bonnie Lewis serves on the Board of Directors for the Professional Association of Senior Referral Specialists (PASRS). She also volunteers for the American Society of Interior Designers Arizona North Chapter and her church.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree, Interior Design – Scottsdale Community College
- Bachelor of Arts, Marketing – DePaul University
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist – National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
Design Excellence Awards
- 8 National
- 13 Regional
- The Center For Health Design – Professional Affiliate
- Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments (SAGE) – Member
- Professional Association of Senior Referral Specialists (PASRS) – Board of Directors
- Arizona Falls Prevention Coalition – Member
- North Valley Coalition On Aging (NVCOA) – Member
- American Society on Aging (ASA) – Member
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) – Allied Member; Past Chair of 2 Committees; Past Editor, Desert Design Magazine
- International Interior Design Association – Associate Member
Design Competition Judge
- Environments For Aging (EFA) — Senior Living Community Remodel Design Awards, 2018
- Dallas Home Builders Association — ARC Awards, 2013 & 2014
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) — Design Excellence Awards, 2013 to present (Chapters: Alabama; California – Palm Springs/Inland; Carolinas; Colorado; Georgia; Illinois; New Jersey; New York Metro; Missouri East; Texas – Austin; Texas – Dallas; Texas – Gulf Coast)