No one wants to be abruptly forced out of their home because it no longer works for them. Yet, it happens all the time due to life-changing, age-related events like falls, accidents, stroke, disease, and cognitive or physical decline. Things most people don’t think will ever happen to them. Proactive Aging in Place Design remodeling can not only prevent an unplanned move – letting people stay in the home they love, it boosts longevity, empowers independence, makes homes ready for changing needs, and makes daily activities easier, when needed most.
Timing is Everything
It’s never too early to prepare for something you hopefully won’t need, but it’s too late (or far more difficult, inconvenient and costly) to prepare after you need it. We recommend expert Aging in Place remodel design be executed between age 50 and 65 for optimal benefits.
As we age, design means so much more because at the core it’s about life safety, care and wellness. That’s why 55+ TLC Interior Design’s expert, thoughtful, deliberate remodel design truly fit the current, future and changing needs of our clients. Because we understand how important it is – it matters.
Design with a Purpose
We make remodels count. It’s one and done because 55+ TLC Interior Design Aging in Place remodel designs are comprehensive and power packed for beauty, safety, comfort and functionality to last throughout retirement as physical and cognitive needs change, not just for the active adult lifestyle years. We understand the importance of creating living spaces that prevent falls, are smart, stylish, safe, accessible, and ADA-compliant. It’s all about solving current and potential problems with design and structure modifications that make sense for our client’s needs, timeline and budget.
An Investment That Pays Now and Later
- We give homeowners the opportunity to boost longevity, prevent falls, and live safer in their homes.
- We empower homeowners to retain independence as long as possible.
- Our award-winning design typically increases a home’s marketability and value.
Aging in Place Remodel or New-Build Design – 55+ TLC Interior Design takes it to a higher level integrating science and art. Our award-winning design supports physical, psychological and emotional wellness. We skillfully integrate comfort, functionality and safety with beauty.
- In-Law Suites
- Multi-generational homes
- Homes and condos
Alzheimer’s and Dementia: Supportive Design — 55+ TLC Interior Design uniquely offers Alzheimer’s and dementia design service for private residences. We use our highly-specialized dementia training and experience to create supportive environments that are:
- Emotionally uplifting
- Free of environmental sources of stress, fear and confusion
Aging in Place Home Evaluations are offered in two scenarios:
- Pre-Purchase – Before you buy or build your new home, we’ll evaluate it, or the plans, to ensure the home will accommodate your future needs and we’ll give you an idea of the renovation investment cost to get it Aging in Place ready.
- Current Home – We’ll evaluate it and make recommendations to prepare for successful aging and sustaining your independence as long as possible.
Turnkey Service to Make Your Projects Run Smooth and Stress-Free
- Full service design
- Project oversight
- We partner with excellent licensed contractors that are professional, experienced, dependable, and tidy, relieving you of the taxing chore of finding one with all those essential qualities.
- We frequently work with, and give peace of mind to, out-of-state adult children who are trying to assist their parents long distance.