Buying a home is the single most important investment most people will make, and one they plan to enjoy for years to come.
That’s why preparing for the future is essential.
With aging-in-place design homeowners can live in their homes longer.
By incorporating design elements that help create a safer and more comfortable home environment, aging-in-place design extends the time people can stay in their homes.
Why is Aging-in-Place Interior Design Important?
Homeowners have made it clear. They want to enjoy their homes for the long-term.
As we age, that goal can be compromised when health concerns and loss of mobility or vision impairment make it more difficult to manage day-to-day life in the home.
The purpose of aging-in-place design is to support personal longevity and allow people to remain independent for as long as possible.
Aging-in-place design anticipates and helps to mitigate age-related problems associated with standard home design by creating kitchens, bathrooms and living spaces that are easier to negotiate and make it possible for people to live in their own homes longer, even with limited mobility or vision.
How Does Aging-in-Place Design Make Homes Safer?
Aging-in place remodel design makes important changes to the home that helps to create a safer environment for the homeowner.
Key aging-in-place remodel design elements include the following:
- Incorporating preventative safety measures, like support bars in key areas
- Eliminating congested areas for accessibility
- Maximizing light and color to help compensate for vision impairment
- Designing interiors to be safer with specific finishes and fixtures
- Creating personalized designs for each homeowner’s individual needs
The best part is, aging-in-place remodel design can be used to remodel any home to make it more livable and safer, and increase its market value.
How Can I Find Out If Aging-in-Place Design Is Right for Me?
It’s important to consult with an accredited aging-in-place designer to find out how aging-in-place design can be integrated into your home to help you create a safer home environment for you and your loved ones to maintain independence at home in the years to come.
55+ TLC Interior Design consulting and remodel design services create functional and cutting-edge, safer home environments that help prevent injury and support aging-in-place so homeowners can live at home longer.
Aging-in-Place Interior Design Includes:
- Space Planning
- Architectural Review
- Bathroom Remodels
- Kitchen Remodels
- Living Room Remodels
- Flooring Design
- Lighting Design
- Hardware and Plumbing Specifications
- Interior and Exterior Finish Specifications
- Wall and Ceiling Treatments
- Window Coverings and Treatments
- Custom Bathroom Vanities and Cabinetry
- Custom Furniture
- Wall Art
55+ TLC Interior Design understands the importance of maintaining the quality of your home and making the necessary changes to create a safer living environment that’s as functional as it is beautiful.
Aging-in-Place Interior Design Consulting Services
- Home Evaluations
- Independent Living Evaluations
- Remodel Design Consultations
- Home Building Industry Consultations
- Medical Practice Consultations
- 55+ Community Consultations
- Hotel and Travel Industry Consultations
- Assisted and Independent Senior Living Community Consultations
To schedule a consultation with 55+ TLC Interior Design, contact us today at (480) 696-3187.